St Mary's and St John's CE School is an all-through school in Hendon, Barnet providing high quality education and academic achievement from Nursery through Primary and Secondary School to Sixth Form. Please find specific phase related information in the submenus or the Sixth Form menu.
IN-YEAR ADMISSIONS 2019/20 ACADEMIC YEAR
You should make an in-year admission application if:
- your child lives in Barnet and does not currently have a school place
- your child has recently moved to Barnet from abroad or elsewhere and needs a school place
- your child has a school place but you want to transfer them to a school in Barnet
Please find the application form along with detailed information on the Local Authority's website here.
Applicants who are applying for a Foundation Place should also complete the school’s Supplementary Information Form and submit to the school.
APPEALS — 2020 ENTRY
Please find detailed information and important dates on primary and secondary appeals for 2020 entry in the appeals timetable.
Please contact the Admissions Officer for an Appeal Form.
Contingency Planning Covid-19
In line with the advice from the UK government on gatherings and social distancing, appeal hearings will take place remotely.
The general consensus is for Independent Admission Appeal Panels to consider all appeals based on the written evidence submitted by both parties in the absence of both parties (school and parent/carer).
Due to the restriction of public gatherings the following contingency plan has been put in place for the running of admission appeals:
- To review written cases from all parties.
- Should the occasion arise when the Panel require clarification on any point/s the clerk will contact either the school or parent/carer.
- The Panel will make decisions based on written evidence.
In order for the above to be effective, it is vital that all contact numbers either landline or mobile are current, and the relevant named person (applicant parent/carer) is available during the time of the scheduled hearing.