Key Stage Three
KS3 will run from Year 7 to Year 9. All pupils will be given the opportunity to study a broad range of National Curriculum subjects. The emphasis here will be on a variety of experiences and a depth of learning within these. Pupils will be set by ability in all core subjects and in languages. Academic rigour will be evident across all subjects.
In Year 9 we will introduce a business module culminating in a “trade fair” which will involve our pupils and local businesses. In addition, there will be the opportunity for some Year 9 pupils to begin formal qualifications such as GCSE short courses as appropriate to ability.
Teaching and learning will be enhanced and informed by best practice in the school’s specialisms in 1) Performing Arts and 2) Business and Enterprise. These specialisms lend themselves to:
- Excellent teaching strategies
- Nurturing individual talent, developing self-confidence, expression and communication skills
- Celebrating achievement
- Making the curriculum relevant to the world of work
- Community cohesion (eg fund-raising, entrepreneurship, performances, engagement of local businesses)
- Opportunities for enrichment and extension (eg performance, trips, visiting speakers, apprenticeships, Young Enterprise)